For simple syrup:
· 1/2 cup water
· Flowers from 5-6 elder flower bunches
· Juice from half of a lemon
· 1/2 cup honey (use agave nectar to make vegan and tweak as needed)
· 2 liters of filtered water or sparkling seltzer water
· A handful of mint leaves
· 10 lemons, juiced (you can save 2 slices for your garnish)
· Sweeten with honey
To make the simple syrup:
1. Bring the water, lemon juice, honey and elder flowers to a low boil.
2. Once honey has dissolved, remove from the heat and cover allowing it to cool.
3. Once cooled, place in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight.
4. Add the mint before refrigerating for a strong mint flavor.
5. Strain and discard the elder flowers (or save them for garnish).
1. Juice the lemons using whatever method you would like.
2. Cut the garnish lemons into thin slices. In a large pitcher, stick the fresh lemon slices, lemon juice, water, and simple syrup.
3. Adjust flavoring to your likening by adding more honey or agave syrup.
4. Serve chilled over ice after straining.
5. If adding alcohol, use a shot of gin.
Always seek the advice and permission of a medical expert when undergoing a new health routine and/or combining tea with different medications. None of Queen City Tea Shop’s products have been evaluated by any authority. Our products are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. Never disregard the advice of a medical expert because of anything you have read on this label or our web site. Results may vary.
Please submit questions, concerns, ideas to email@example.com.